Welcome to the Georgia Chapter of IEC
Why IEC is a Strong Move for your Business
IEC is a national non-profit organization that represents small business and merit electrical contractors in Georgia and throughout the US. IEC has resources, knowledge and connections to offer its members, with the main goal of partnering with its members toward success. Here are just a few of the services that benefit IEC members:
• The ability to connect with other IEC members throughout the United States assists in obtaining, manning and completing contracts
• IEC fights for independent business owner rights to conduct business with the least amount of government and regulatory intrusion.
• Top caliber of training is offered for workers through IEC's four and two-year apprenticeship programs. One of the best ways to succeed in business is a professionally trained staff
• IEC's Loan/Borrow program allows you to either loan excess employees to another member, or borrow from another, when you need temporary workers
• IEC consistently offers continuing education opportunities on topics that are pertinent to your needs, including continuing education requirements in GA, AL, NC, VA, and coming soon in FL, KY and TX.
Directly Targeting the Hiring of Another IEC Member's Employees — Violation of IEC Code of Ethics
With business on the upswing, finding qualified employees becomes a greater challenge, but IEC would like to remind all members that directly targeting another IEC's member for hiring is a strict violation of the Code of Ethics (see item XI).
Need Experienced Electricians? Checkout Operation Workforce
Operation Workforce is a marketplace of jobs, resources and services for both employees and Georgia veterans. This program connects Georgia service members with job opportunities that benefit the community. Based upon requests of our members, IEC has sought out another source for you to find qualified electricians.
Operation workforce allows you to do this by connecting you with qualified workers and putting our veterans back to work.
Steps to Using Operation Workforce:
- Go to www.operationworkforce.com and sign the pledge to consider veterans for your hiring needs.
- Sign up and complete a profile that will get you noticed by qualified workers.
- Post your jobs.
- Search for electricians exiting the military
IEC will continue to find and bring to you additional resources to meet your business needs.